1. Quiz: I will give you 10 minutes to summarize the article. Submit your answer to compass for a quiz grade.
2. Warm-up: Can you guess what the five headings were? Hint: you already know the first one! Share your ideas in this google doc.
Answer: 1. Problem & Position Statement 2. Decision Options 3. Decision Criteria 4. Decision Options 5. Disadvantages of Recommendation 6. Action Plan
3. Jigsaw Activity
I will give you a part of the article and a heading from a different article. In your groups, summarize the section of the article you received. When you are done summarizing, talk to other groups to find the correct heading of your article.
- Let's discuss this powerpoint
5. Action Plan Activity
Read the action plan from the GE case and the action plan from the Whistler case, here. What are the four main elements of an action plan? What kind of information is included in each section? Discuss with your group.
6. Work on your outline (if time)
Action Plan Powerpoint
1. First draft of your entire case study essay is due Sunday, November 23rd by Midnight.
2. If I told you to rewrite your Position/Problem statement, please rewrite and turn into compass by 7AM on Thursday.
3. Turn in your outline to compass by 7AM on Thursday.
Writing an action Integrating PIE and coherence into a decision case-based essay